Ecoglow Plumbing & Heating Services
Landlord Gas Safety certificates
Ecoglow’s specialists are Gas Safe registered, qualified and insured to help landlords meet the legal requirement that all their properties fitted with gas appliances pass the annual Gas Safety check with flying colours. A multiple property discount is available.
Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations of 1998, any landlord who fails to meet the legal requirements faces severe penalties. A criminal court can impose unlimited fines if a tenant is harmed by a gas safety failure and landlords can be charged with manslaughter if negligence causes a death.
Insurance for your rental property is likely to be deemed invalid if you do not have an up-to-date gas safety certificate for it.
Ecoglow’s highly-trained engineers will thoroughly ensure your rental property passes this annual MoT-style test by:
- Checking for gas leaks by testing all appliances for ‘gas tightness’
- Making sure the burner pressure and gas rate meets the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Testing the boiler’s standing and working gas pressure (if test points are available)
- Inspecting the appliances to ensure the safety mechanisms are in proper working order
- Ensuring all rooms containing gas appliances have suitable ventilation